Untitled document
Official Home of the ORIGINAL VAMPIRE DIARIES BOOKS!

SOMETHING NEW Everything but the kitchen sink...

img victor2Oct 29, 2014

CHECKED IN!
img megaphoneDec. 1, 2013
CONTEST WINNERS
ANNOUNCED!

L. J. Smith's Vampire Diaries Fanfics

Book Evensong1 Book Evensong2

Click Covers for a link to Kindle World.

New Just Launched!

img FB Page BlackCover 250w

Come see my BRAND-NEW Facebook Page, with a discussion Forum you don’t need to join, but can jump into with a question or answer. Lots of other new content.  Please come and see.

~ Lisa

Scented Candles

Circle Daybreak Candle

Visit Book Scents to discover candles based on Night World by L. J. Smith.
Currently there is a Delos candle and a Circle Daybreak candle. If you're feeling creative, contact the shop owner to make a custom candle inspired by your favorite book or character.

Strange Fate Preview

on 14 June 2012. Posted in Sneak Peeks

img navySEALThis is an excerpt that shows how Ash Redfern (who has been alerted by Aradia, the Maiden of the Witches, that the Apocalypse, due nearly a year ago and forgotten now by most, is actually going to come) begins to rescue the NIGHT WORLD soulmate couples from the enemies who, for unknown reasons, are targeting the youngest generation of Harmans and Redferns.  Ash’s last rescue will be of Mary-Lynnette, and will appear in the book, so the story Those Who Favor Fire will be finished in STRANGE FATE (which I hope to finish this calendar year). – L. J.

DOWNLOAD THE STORY:  PDF,  131 KB

Comments

Noelle
+13 # Strange Fate PreviewNoelle 2012-06-15 11:09
Thank you sooooooooo much for this preview Lisa, it was brilliant. I am extremely excited for Strange Fate now. :lol:

+10 # DateGuest 2013-06-12 03:30
When is the release date for Strange Fate?

Tianna
+6 # Thank you!!!Tianna 2012-06-15 13:57
Amazing! I can't wait to read the whole of Strange Fate! Thank you so, so much for putting this up!

Maja
+5 # IncredibleMaja 2012-06-16 03:16
Thanks so much for this! It was a nail-biter! Does anyone know from who's point of view Strange Fate is written?

Lizzy
+2 # RE: IncredibleLizzy 2012-07-15 09:09
It's probably gonna be that girl - Sarah Strange, I think. Maybe, I don't know.

Carmen Terronez
+10 # EAGERLY WAITING...Carmen Terronez 2012-06-16 09:23
Thank you for the teaser, I've been waiting years for STRANGE FATE. I fell in love with all the soulmate couples and it's going to be a blast to finally get an ending to the NIGHT WORLD.

+3 # ENDING NIGHT WORLDGuest 2013-02-23 19:09
I'm not sure if I'm gonna be happy or bawl my eyes out because it's over.... The books is so loveable and amazing... I don't want them to end. Sadly however I've seen how things end up when creators don't know when to end... L.J. is a very wise and Amazing woman when it comes to writing her stories. I'm following her to the very end of her career ^_^ LOVE YOU L.J. !!!

Nicole Revels
+6 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewNicole Revels 2012-06-16 14:28
I cannot begin to explain how truly enlivened this is making me! Can't wait!

Reira
+2 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewReira 2012-06-16 23:19
Well, if this story will appear on Strange Fate, then I'm going to read it then. I look forward to seeing all my favourite characters from previous books(especiall y Ash-Mary-Lynnet te, Jez-Morgead, Thea-Eric and Raksha-Galen).

0 # heyGuest 2013-09-03 15:52
Hey, your not from America are you? What country are you from, UK somewhere I bet.

0 # RE: heyGuest 2013-09-04 15:42
l.j. Smith from what I've read is west coast American.

Poppy
+1 # WowPoppy 2012-06-17 00:04
OH My GOSH! Thank You! This Is So Wonderful :D i Can't Wait For Strange Fate Now !! x

Beccy
+9 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewBeccy 2012-06-17 13:41
When we got to see the characters from the previous books again in 'Soulmate', that was one of the highlights of the series for me. I can't wait to catch up with them all again in 'Strange Fate'! I've been waiting for it to be published for over a decade now, and am SO excited that there's a chance it'll be finished by the end of this year, and to have seen a preview! Thank you! :)

Vicky Bentley
0 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewVicky Bentley 2012-06-17 15:03
I love this, I can't wait for the book to come out.

ida
+2 # RE: Strange Fate Previewida 2012-06-18 08:46
I loved it!! More please!

Mary
0 # can't wait!!!Mary 2012-06-18 20:53
this preview was incredible, still shaken up by the horrid dragon :o
this book is going to be amazing!!!!!!

Melissa
+3 # Strange Fate :DMelissa 2012-06-19 08:10
Omg this is making me very excited and i can't wait for it to come out, hopefully at the end of this year!!!! This sneak peak was amazing and i am so happy that all the soulmate couples are back in :D

Kathleen Klahr
+3 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewKathleen Klahr 2012-06-19 13:11
Totally awesome! I so can not wait for this book to come out have been anxiously awaiting it for years.

Lily
+1 # thank youLily 2012-06-19 13:41
That is so amazing I can't wait to read STRANGE FATE :lol: Thank you L.J.Smith

Lynn
0 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewLynn 2012-06-19 19:25
That was a good sneak peek now I so can not wait for Strange Fate to come out!!!!

Kate97
+7 # Very DisappointedKate97 2012-06-20 22:17
Mrs. Smith, I love love love love this series but I bought these books 4 years ago and have been waiting to read the last book. I even read all your other books til you completed your last book of this series. I under stand your a very busy woman but 4 years is a long time to wait for a book. I've never complained about any of your novel, and again your an amazing writer, but please finish the novel as fast as you can I can't wait forever hopefully the release date is a real one!
Your fan,
Kate

Maja
-1 # RE: Very DisappointedMaja 2012-06-23 11:01
I don't mean to be rude, but that wasn't very nice. Some people have been waiting for 10+ years, and they don't complain. From what I know, Lisa's had some family trouble in the past, and later she had to finish VD. Strange Fate is longer than a 1000 pages and Lisa has A LOT of things to be put in it, so just be patient. The book is going to be amazing. If you're not on the forum yet, you should join.

callie
+11 # RE: Very Disappointedcallie 2012-06-27 04:11
the... oh, say 14 years that I've been waiting for this book has flown by. i actually spent 8 of those years thinking it would never be published.

authors who write epics like this will be do have large gaps between books, i'd personally prefer to wait for a quality book thats over a thousand pages, than have a new book out every year that uses so much repetetive filler material that its 400 pages really equal 50.

Tara Redfern
+3 # Thank youTara Redfern 2012-06-21 06:36
Thank you soooo much, i love the Night World and this preview has made my year. I thought i couldn't wait before but now i think i might explode with excitement but dont worry, ive waited this long, i think i can wait a little longer.

annie
+2 # thanksannie 2012-06-21 14:14
thanks for the preview miss.smith!!! it was so good, i think that strange fate would be kick but!!! :lol: :lol: :D

Mariajose
+3 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewMariajose 2012-06-22 10:39
GAH! I JUST LOVE JAMES AND POPPY! AND SEEING (OR READING) JAMES'S LOVE FOR POPPY....SWOON!

Ashley Breden
+2 # Awesome!!!Ashley Breden 2012-06-22 14:15
I am soooo excited and can't wait when Strange Fate comes out I have been waiting every so patiently lol :)

Jasmin Weidner
+2 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewJasmin Weidner 2012-06-24 06:20
thx a bunch for this preview. i just finished reading the other night world books (for the 213893478th time) and am now in desperate need of knowing what happens to all of them. looking forward to the book. thx and cheers!

Gaze
0 # I didn't read.Gaze 2012-06-24 07:09
I don't want to sound like an undedicated fan or that I have been waiting for the last ten years for it to come out. But I have been waiting for four years not nearly as long as some. I really wanted to read this but I have resisted the urge. I don't want to read it and be left with wanting more, because as it is I'm on the edge of my seat from reading the sneak peak in The Hollow. I hope it will come out soon or we get a release date soon. Thanks for all your hard work.

Harley
+1 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewHarley 2012-06-26 18:45
AMAZING!!!! Love it!!!! Love it!!! Love it!!!!! Can not wait!

Jillian Blackheart
+1 # Love, Love, LOVE THIS! But I have a question....... ..Jillian Blackheart 2012-06-27 11:20
Hello everyone, I have been an avid L.J. Smith fan for many, many years. I have all the original print Night World series, the original print Dark Visions, The Forbidden Game, The Secret Circle and The Vampire Diaries. I also bought them in the new print so I did not ruin my originals seeing as I like to read things over a million times. Anyway, this is the first time I have looked at this website since L.J. Smith resurfaced a couple years ago. I am still confused about the ghost writing thing. There was a preview for Strange Fate in the back of the 1st *new* Vampire Diaries book and I was so saddened when I read it. But now reading this I am so happy, Night World has always been my favorite and I now have hope that it will actually be a continuation of the story I so loved for years. So sorry to take so long to get to the question but what was that excerpt if anyone knows what I am talking about and is it a part of this new preview? Because I am sincerely hoping that it isn't.

Christina Crowley
+1 # Hi JillianChristina Crowley 2012-06-27 17:18
By "new" Vampire Diaries I assume you mean the Hunters arc which are the ghostwritten ones. I refuse to read those so I have no idea which preview you are referring to. But I do know that there were a couple old previews circulating so I'm guessing it was one of those.

In these previews, Sarah Strange was going to dream about Brionwy and Crispy in a post apocalyptic World. These dreams turned into their own story which is going to be a separate book called The Last Lullaby.

For a sneak peek of The Last Lullaby go here http://74.220.217.129/www/stories/sneak-peeks/54-brionwys-lullaby

Lisa answers many interesting questions and gives a synopsis of The Last Lullaby here http://74.220.217.129/www/images/stories/downloads/LJaneSmith_OverTwoDozenThingsYouNeverKnewAbout_LJSMITH.pdf

In Strange Fate, Sarah will instead dream of Ash rescuing the soulmate couples. I hope I've cleared things up for you.

Since you are new to the website, I'd like to invite you to join the Forum. There are lots of fun discussions, games, polls, etc. There is also a whole section where Lisa visits to answer fan questions. I hope to see you there. :-)

Janet
-1 # Strange FateJanet 2012-06-27 16:47
I want to read more. Thank you for the preview.

Kade
+1 # YAYKade 2012-06-28 15:49
YAY I WONDERED IF ASH WOULD B WITH MARY-LYNETTE AGAIN AND THEY RRRRR

Tarana Khandokar
+1 # Thank you so much!!Tarana Khandokar 2012-06-29 13:09
Thanks Ms Smith! I can't wait for Strange Fate to come out! :)

Sabah
+1 # Strange FateSabah 2012-06-30 07:37
Eeeeep I'm sooo excited!!!!!!!!

Sarahjane Robertson
+2 # STRANGE FATESarahjane Robertson 2012-06-30 07:46
Okay. Okay. Okay. This is amazing. We love you. CAN I ASK DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE CRYING AT THE ENORMITY OF PERFECT IN THE LAST LINE? Can't wait for the end, I do hope Lisa doesn't kill off too many people! Especially Ash after everything he's doing! Such an emotional fangirl right now. Oh man. Okay, I'm calm. Loved it.

felecia
+1 # strange fatefelecia 2012-06-30 16:55
:D oh my goooddddd i can't wait for strange fate to come out :D

sarah mcclellan
+2 # strange fate night worldsarah mcclellan 2012-07-03 15:39
THE ANTICIPATE I HAVE BE WAITTING FOR ! THANK YOU! LOVE YOUR WRITING. STRANGS FATE NIGHT WORLD!!!!!!!!!! !

bookworm
0 # AH!!!!bookworm 2012-07-03 20:20
OH MY GOODNESS I AM NOW A THOUSAND TIMES MORE EXCITED FOR STRANGE FATE!!!! :lol:

Liliana
0 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewLiliana 2012-07-04 23:32
I can not wait till this book is out. I've been waiting for sooooo long! I love Ash and I just can't wait to read more about him and Mary-Lynnette! My favorite characters in the series!
-Thank you Lisa for such a wonderful preview!

Jennifer
+1 # YAY!!!Jennifer 2012-07-06 22:02
Thank you so much! I had been hoping against all hope that you might have a second to get one of these up! Thank you thank you thank you!!! :lol:

concetta
+1 # RE: Strange Fate Previewconcetta 2012-07-08 13:42
im confusted do that mean that all the book endings will be in strange fate cuz if it is i cant wait at all im dieing to read strange fate!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! :lol:

Trisha
+1 # WOWTrisha 2012-07-13 11:07
Amazing i can't wait for the last book, very greatful for this

Taylor phillips
+1 # RE:strange fate preTaylor phillips 2012-07-13 22:34
I LOVED IT!! ITS GOOD TO SEE MY FAV CHARECTERS AGAIN! CANT WAIT TILL THE BOOK COMES OUT! THANKS LISA! :D

Lizzy
+1 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewLizzy 2012-07-15 09:08
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I couldn't help, but melt at how Ash said softly, 'Everything I do I do for her,'

This extract just leaves me burning for more! I really really hope you can get Strange Fate done by the end of the year!

Maria
+1 # Loved it!!Maria 2012-07-18 22:04
Oh my....

I loved it it was amazing it really had me going crazy for a second there.
*** spoiler alert***

"Poppy was completely with her soulmate,now,an d she felt James realize that even in death couldn't pry them apart.They would die as Poppy and James, and entity that was far more than the sum of two individuals."

Indigo
+1 # Awwww!Indigo 2012-07-20 12:56
Awww that's soo cute! Love it and can't wait for the full book to be published.

Jess
+1 # Thank you!!!Jess 2012-07-21 02:22
Ms. Smith I really appreciate it that you have given us the opportunity to look at a sneak-peak of Strange Fate! I know many of your fans have been waiting years for this novel to come out and we are all excited that you are in the process of completing the novel. Thank you so much and I can't wait for the book to come out!!! :lol:

yasmin7575
+1 # CAN'T WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER 20yasmin7575 2012-07-21 06:36
love Ash and James am re-reading all of the book as preparation

Skrimah
+1 # oh my god oh my god oh my god!!!!!!Skrimah 2012-07-22 14:36
ahhhhhhhhhh i was so so so happy after reading this i am like the bigest fan of this series ever i know every thing about each of the stories right off the top of my i have read all of the book like 13 times each(i keep a tally in the book cover)lol pathetic huh...so i hope you understand it when i say i am as exited as you can get for this book to come out i feel like i know these characters personally and i miss them so much i am soo glad you put this preview out that i wanna cry lml im all jittery and stuff crrrazy huh i almost dont want the books to end thank you thank you thank you gosh i love you (no homo) i will be the first person to buy this book iA you can imagine how happy i am right now!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :lol: :D :P ;-) :oops:

Mermaid_Tail
+1 # Strange FateMermaid_Tail 2012-07-22 17:13
I have been waiting to get a sneak-peek at strange Fate for over a year now. I can't wait for the book to come out.

Alannah
+1 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewAlannah 2012-07-29 21:33
I am even MORE excited about Strange fate then I was before. I'm so happy this series is going to have such a great finalle :lol:

Ashley Dylan
+1 # Thank you so much!Ashley Dylan 2012-08-05 07:00
This is absolutely amazing! Thank you for letting us have a sneak preview! I cannot wait for Strange Fate to come out! :) x

Kimily
+1 # FINALLY!!!Kimily 2012-08-11 14:12
I seriously am in love with this book series! I started reading these books my freshman year of high school and fell in love! I'm a freshman in college now, and it's just killing me that strange fate hasn't came out yet. I can't image how crazy those fans who have been waiting for the last book for over a decade must be.I re-read the night world series a million of times over and over again!!!! All I can say is I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER FOR STRANGE FATE!!!!!!!!! ITS LITERALLY DRIVING ME INSANE!!! My palms will probably be all sweaty and my heart racing when I finally have strange fate in my hands and I'd probably literally be screaming and jumping around for an hour when I finally have strange fate in my hands haha

Maja
+1 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewMaja 2012-08-23 11:16
Wow, I'm posting the 52nd comment on this. I love how we're all so excited for Lisa's last NW book! In the mean time, I finally got my hands on the 5th VD book. Aaah, finally!!!!

Deanna
+2 # LoveDeanna 2012-08-24 06:37
The more I am able to read and get an insight to what the next book is going to be about the more I want to read it. I cannot wait to see what happens next.

Bethany
+1 # Thank YouBethany 2012-08-29 09:29
Thanks for this preview it is making me super excited for when Strange Fate is finally published...I think I will be booking a week off work when it finally is released just to read it lol! Keep writing always Lisa!

Nickki Lyons
0 # I love all your night world seriesNickki Lyons 2012-10-13 15:03
Hi
I love your night world books. I was hooked when I pick the first one up. I am so excited to find out the end of the series. I am look forward to read your latest work. I wait with baited breath. Keep writing what I think is the best quality writing for YA books. This is funny coming from a 42 year old woman who you have hooked with your writing. Thanks again for your great work

-1 # Strange Fate PreviewGuest 2012-10-22 01:59
Oh my gosh. I can not wait until this book comes out, I hopes it's soon. I really want to know what happen next and the dragon part I was not expecting that but it was awesome !!!! Can't wait to read more, thank you so much for the preview !(:

Rebecca C.
0 # Thank you!!!Rebecca C. 2012-11-11 09:45
:D I can't wait(jumping up and down like a little kid)! I want to hold the book in my hands right now, and smell that new book smell, and find out what happens! Yay!

Katlen
0 # Thank you!Katlen 2012-11-15 14:49
OMG, I love it! I can't wait to read the rest. :lol:

+1 # Strange fateGuest 2012-11-27 18:27
Thank you for the preview. I have read all the books and await the last one. I own the physical books and I also bought the for my kindle so I can take them and read them whenever I want. Fabulous series but will be very sad when it ends but all the characters will be in my heart forever. Thanks again L.J.

0 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewGuest 2012-12-13 12:45
Thank you sooo much for the preview!!!! But i was on my Kindle and it said that Strange fate Wouldn't be out until 2030 . Is that true? or was my kindle misinformed ? pleeaaasssee let my kindle be wrong ! my bff is moving away soon and i don't think i'll be able to keep in touch with her for 17 years , she's the only one of my friends who reads night world and we always have great long talks about the books after reading them , so please tell me my kindle is being stupid and i won't have to wait 17 years for the book to come out !

Christina Crowley
0 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewChristina Crowley 2012-12-14 16:13
Don't worry. Kindle is wrong. There isn't a publication date for Strange Fate because Lisa is still writing it. But it will definitely be out waaaaay before 2030.

Other sites sometimes put up dates as a place holder. Keep checking back on this site for accurate publication dates.

0 # Strange Fate PreviewGuest 2012-12-15 19:09
Thanks so much for the preview! It was much needed after waiting a decade for Strange Fate. I had hoped that it would come out this year (finally!) along with other readers, but I guess that won't be happening... what, with getting your book edited, making the cover, actually printing the books and whatnot. But I hope that it comes out by next year; I really want to know what happens next!

0 # Temptation.. temptation...Guest 2012-12-19 00:23
Arrgghhh!! I'll try my best to restrain myself from reading the sneak preview of Strange Fate!! Because I know once I read it... I'll asked L.J Smith to finish the Strange Fate quickly! hahahahaha!! :D

Wait... wait... wait... must... endure!
-Dorothy

0 # Release DateGuest 2013-01-01 00:46
Quoting Guest:

Wait... wait... wait... must... endure!
-Dorothy

Hi Everyone! I love L.J Smith so much... her books are all amazing but does anyone know the release date for "Strange Fate"? Thanks x

+1 # HeatherGuest 2013-01-05 12:43
L J Smith is still writing it 'Strange Fate' - it says so on the website :') It's because it's going to be reaaaaaally long and include in all the soulmates and the story of Sarah Strange with her visions of Ash rescuing soulmates. But the Last Lullaby's publish date will be announced soon by l J because she has found a publisher to represent it.
We just gotta hang on a little longer!!
I can abrely wait myself!! XD

+2 # So ExcitedGuest 2013-01-15 14:20
I got these books a few years ago & they literally helped me in so many ways. I love them so much and reread them over and over again :lol: This was an amazing preview and I'm so thankful that this book is coming together & that it is so beautiful! LJ you are such an inspiration to me & ill never be able to thank you enough for the way these books have impacted my life :-) I am tearing up a little bit reading this because I love it so much :roll: This book is totally worth the wait. :lol:
-Alexis

Tinath Zaeba aka Tizzy
+3 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewTinath Zaeba aka Tizzy 2013-01-25 04:16
I loved the sneak peek! I am just waiting for Strange Fate to come out!! And I love Ash!
Don't you gouys? :D

Celeste Molina
0 # Strange FateCeleste Molina 2013-04-09 16:20
I am so excited for this book to be published!

0 # WowGuest 2013-04-10 09:39
At first I was freaking out, I was like no she isn't, she won't, and thankfully you didn't; although I know it's not out of your reasoning to do so since I spent a good deal of time reading many of your works over and over again. TFG for one and the ending of that trilogy pulled at my heartstrings dramatically.
Another example would the third book to VD, which made me cry my eyes out. In all honesty though I think you should have ended the way you intended to and not given into the fans, even if I was one of the fans upset with the ending. You're such an amazing writer, I hope someday I can touch people with my words as your words have touched me.

0 # Ash and Mary-LynettteGuest 2013-04-19 12:45
I love this pairing as couple! They are amazing! I hope they are happy together at some point in this book!!!!!

0 # strange fateGuest 2013-05-21 15:07
plz...i cant take it...when i get toooooo read it...i love these books!!!!hope soonnnn its already may. of 2013!

Michelle
0 # RE: strange fateMichelle 2013-05-22 10:35
She is very close to completing it, there is no date yet, and there will not be a date until it is in the publishers hands. Only trust dates you seen on THIS WEBSITE. Sites like Amazon and Barnes & Noble use "Dummy Dates". NOTE: The "dummy Dates" you see on those sites DO NOT COME FROM MISS SMITH and NEVER HAVE. In a recent email response to a fan, Miss Smith hopes that Strange Fate will be ready and out sometime next year.

0 # Stranger fateGuest 2013-05-24 09:26
I'm 29 years old now I first read the night World Series when I was 17 and I'm still waiting for an ending! Please L J Smith finish writing the final book! Lol before I get too old! Totally addicted! Love love Ash Redfern. Total secret crush since ..I was 17. Lol still waiting to meet someone like him in real life. Shhh don't tell my husband ; )

0 # D'AaronGuest 2013-06-07 15:09
Your secret is safe with me! ;-)

0 # never too old...Guest 2014-01-12 21:37
I am older than most vampire fiction (I am 60. I still really enjoy good paranormal romance and share the frustration at making friends with these "people" and not knowing what's happening. I, too, want this book, but as said before, you are never too old for a good book!......Kati e

0 # I NEED THIS BOOK!Guest 2013-05-25 19:23
Hi LJ! On the Chapters website it says your book came out April 1st 2013, but it also says unavailable in any stores. Why is this? I really want to read this book, so it would be aweosme if you could let me know! .

Michelle
0 # RE: I NEED THIS BOOK!Michelle 2013-06-10 17:13
She is very close to completing it, there is no date yet, and there will not be a date until it is in the publishers hands. Only trust dates you seen on THIS WEBSITE. Sites like Amazon, Chapters snd Barnes & Noble use "Dummy Dates". NOTE: The "dummy Dates" you see on those sites DO NOT COME FROM MISS SMITH and NEVER HAVE. In a recent email response to a fan, Miss Smith hopes that Strange Fate will be ready and out sometime next year.

0 # Strange fateGuest 2013-05-31 15:19
Dear Ms. Smith
I have been waiting 15 years for the last book having been an avid fan as a teen. I would very much like to finish the series as I enjoyed it so much when I was young. Are you actually planning on updating a release date? It is absurd that I even still wonder about it. Btw Barnes and noble have the release year as 2030.
Still ridiculously hoping that this book will get written and published in my lifetime.

Michelle
0 # RE: Strange fateMichelle 2013-06-03 06:55
I have also been waiting since the books were 1st released and I am quite content with waiting. A lot of hurdles have come her way and she is only human. After a terrible family loss, she had writers block for several years. Please take time to read the information around this website. She is very close to completing it, there is no date yet, and there will not be a date until it is in the publishers hands. Only trust dates you seen on THIS WEBSITE. Sites like Amazon and Barnes & Noble use "Dummy Dates". NOTE: Those "dummy Dates" you see on those sites DO NOT COME FROM MISS SMITH and NEVER HAVE SO IT IS UNFAIR TO BLAME HER FOR THE LAPSED RELEASE DATES. AGAIN, LJ SMITH NEVER GAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR STRANGE FATE. In a recent email response to a fan, Miss Smith hopes that Strange Fate will be ready and out sometime next year.

+1 # D'AaronGuest 2013-06-07 15:06
I've read every book from the Night World series and they are absolutely amazing!!!!! L.J Smith is my favorite author and I'm ready for Stange Fate whenever shes ready to release it. Plus you know what they say, you can't rush greatness!!!!!! ;-)

Anna
0 # When....Anna 2013-06-10 08:29
I love every night world book and have read the series over and over again, but I think the big question is WHEN is strange fate coming out?? I NEED an ending xxxxx

Michelle
0 # RE: When....Michelle 2013-06-10 17:14

hannah holycross
0 # cant waithannah holycross 2013-06-10 17:34
been waiting for a few years now i love this series along with a few others from your line of books but ive been extremely anxious for this one book :lol:

0 # Excited but.....Guest 2013-06-12 03:49
Dont get me wrong I am excited about Strange Fate and I love love love the series. BUT I just dont understand why it has taken so long to publish. Also was it published before? I have heard so many different things about why it is still not out. Has Ms. Smith ever herself came out and stated a reason for this? I have waited for over 10 years now. Please get this book out and published!!!!!

0 # MoreGuest 2013-06-12 03:54
Again I understand the loss of a family member, writers block, but it has been so long. I just read from another comment the Ms. Smith plans on having it out next year? Please I hope so. About once a year I check to see if its out yet or on any new info. Drives me crazy that I still dont know the ending.

Michelle
0 # RE: MoreMichelle 2013-06-12 05:47
Strange Fate has NEVER been released. Book selling sites like Amazon and B&N use what I like to call "dummy dates" which DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE COME FROM MISS SMITH.

Miss Smith also went through a personal health issues and was under contract to write TVD with deadlines when she resurfaced in 2009. Since TVD was a "work for hire" in a package book deal, she didn't own the rights and had to get the books done when they told her too. If she wouldn't have done that, she could have lost TVD earlier than she did. When Harper/Alloy pulled that evil business with removing her from the series and giving them to ghostwriters, it devastated her and took her awhile to rebound from the loss. When she did recover, she no longer had contractual road blocks preventing her from working on Strange Fate. She has been actively working on it for about 2 yrs now.

Michelle
0 # RE: MoreMichelle 2013-06-12 05:50
I would also like to note, if you read through her blogs and other little sections on THIS WEBSITE, you can find more in-depth explanations, the above is a very cut down version of all the info here and in her Official Forum.

0 # WANT THIS BOOK!!Guest 2013-07-07 11:12
I so hope it comes out soon!! Im dieing to read it!!

0 # Night World SeriesGuest 2013-09-13 23:20
I just got the first three books from a friends from work and got really into them. Then I find out that the last story hasn't even been finish yet, this is such a cliff hanger. I hope that I don't have to wait very long to read the ending of this series. I think it will drive me a bit crazy if I have to wait a long time for it. From the preview in the last book I read it sounds like it's going to be really good.

0 # Strange FateGuest 2013-10-17 08:06
Does any one know when the next book is coming out???

0 # night worldGuest 2013-11-30 09:59
i cant wait till strange fate comes out and hopefully that would be soon
i love the night world series and dont want it to end. i also love he vampire diaries.
:lol: :-)

0 # WOWGuest 2013-12-01 19:13
Just saw a comment that said they've been waiting 10 years for this book, that's ridiculous how dare any author do that to their fans, that's disrespect. I've only been waiting for it maybe 4 years but 10?! nah by the time it comes out people won't be as into it as they would have been. Her and her publishers need to get that fixed, this series is too amazing to not have a proper ending.

+1 # Love Night World!!!!!!!Guest 2013-12-04 10:55
I love it I can't wait until the book is finally out :D I have goosebumps just thinking of it woooooo so excited!

0 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewGuest 2013-12-24 22:35
you know what I'm tired of... people complaining about when this book is going to come out. sure i want to read his book just as much as the next person. But everyone is just attacking the author. if you people are so mad about this then why don't they write the book and edit it themselves maybe then they will be happy. Im sure it would be a nice tory but not anywhere close to how well L.J. smith will write it. So ya calm down people!!!!!!!!

0 # I AgreeGuest 2014-01-12 06:12
you have a point and i definitely agree with it..i'm on your side:)
i'm also waiting for the book and i'm desperately looking for it anywhere possibly it could be,but i can't find any. i've tried thru the net and some bookstores. but it's okay because i still don't have money of my own yet..

0 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewGuest 2013-12-30 11:31
I really hope it comes out soon I've been waiting over 10 years now!! I'm sure it's worth the wait though x

0 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewGuest 2014-01-12 07:13
I really can't wait for the book..i'm really craving for it. i've read the 3 first books several times, and i still don't get bored because all of them are really great. i've been looking for Strange Fate anywhere i think it would be. i tried to search the net even some bookstores but i can't fine one..ooohhhh! but i'm not upset L.J, you're one of my fav. author so why would i? just remember, i will support you all throughout your career.. :lol:

0 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewGuest 2014-02-23 21:04
Any idea as when the release date might be?

0 # ShawahnaGuest 2014-02-25 16:46
I have been looking for Strange Fate everywhere, is it not yet released? I thought it had been out for a while and I overlooked it when I had bought the series. I have been driving myself crazy trying to find it so if it is not released yet that will make me feel better. I thought I was going to have to go to some antique book store to try to find it lol

+1 # strange fateGuest 2014-03-03 00:20
I read secret vampire when i was 17 I'm fixen to be 32 just grab a nother book series and keep your self bussy. ms smith you are a wonderful writer you sparked my love of reading please take your time with strange fate i know it will be worth every minute of the waite i hope to turn my daughter onto your books

0 # yayGuest 2014-04-22 21:51
i cant wait to see my favorite couple Jez and Morgead

0 # fingers crossedGuest 2014-04-23 17:57
I've read that this book will be out in 2015 and a really hope so. I've been waiting for 16 years to find out what happens to everyone. This series was the first supernatural series with a love twist I'd ever read and every year since I read the last book in 98' I've kept a look out for book 10. Thank you for drawing me into a fascinating genre with book one and fingers crossed for book ten coming soon :) if it wasn't for you I might not of even considered looking at this style of book and missed another brilliant author (christine feehan) completly! So thank you and hope to see the tenth book soon :)

+1 # Strange FateGuest 2014-04-26 08:44
Amazon.com for pre-order: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Strange-Fate-Night-World-Smith/dp/1416986782/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398526859&sr=8-1&keywords=lj+smith

0 # RE: Strange Fate PreviewGuest 2014-06-24 16:07
i'm so exited to read strange fate but i'm so sad because i won't be able to get this copy not after a verry long while as i think because it will be so harde to find a copy in our bookshops or any place... :cry: