Untitled document
Official Home of the ORIGINAL VAMPIRE DIARIES BOOKS!

Thicker Than Water

on 12 August 2010. Posted in Stories

KellerThis story is about what happens to Keller and some of the other Night World characters during the night when the Apocalypse finally comes about. You don’t need to have read Strange Fate to understand it—which is a good thing since Strange Fate hasn’t been published yet. Rating: all ages, a little gory.

DOWNLOAD THE STORY:  PDF, 173 KB

Comments

Hibo Rijal
+9 # Amazing Story!Hibo Rijal 2011-11-12 10:47
Just when you think that L.J Smith couldn't possibly think up more ideas. Then something like this pops up!
*SPOILER ALERT*
I just cant believe that Rashel and Keller are twins!! I would've never thougt it! Thanks again L.J for creating an amazxing story. :)

scarlet
+4 # whoa!scarlet 2011-11-17 12:37
wow i always kind of knew that keller and rashel are twins! :D i cannot wait until strange fate to be published!

AmaneNixen
+1 # AWESOMEAmaneNixen 2012-08-18 08:42
You're seriously right!
L.J smith, you're absolutely the best in Romance Fantasy! Night world is rocketing!!
Super Coool!!!
Mystery, Fantasy, Action, Suspense, Romance!
L.J Smith, thank you for making a wonderful story!!!

R&Q!!

Caoimhe maguire
+4 # :)Caoimhe maguire 2011-11-29 13:07
Whoa. I can't wait for Strange fate, I may explode. xD Thanks

Tiana
+1 # RE: Thicker Than WaterTiana 2011-12-27 16:38
Amazing story. It really answers unanswered questions we were dying to know

Jasmine
+1 # I knew it!Jasmine 2012-01-04 18:20
I remember when I first read the description of Keller in Witchlight and the first thing I thought was Rashel! I'm so glad she has a twin sister now she is even less alone!

alexa
+1 # RE: I knew it!alexa 2012-01-20 17:02
i so thought the exact same thing, when they described keller, and how she acted, it reminded me of rashel also, and how they both have really long blakc hair, it makes so much sense!

Leah
+1 # Oh My Toast!Leah 2012-01-12 10:10
Wow, I've actually read this many times, but since I only joined today, I will comment.
OH MY Toast! This is amazing! I did not expect what happened to happen, I didn't even compare them! Love it! Love you!

Kassy
0 # Amazing StoryKassy 2012-01-18 11:17
I think I kinda knew about Keller and Rashel, but my mind is still blown from reading this story. Keller and Rashel are two of my three favourite characters, and I'm glad that they both no longer need to be alone.
Keep on writing. :)

Kassy
0 # Amazing StoryKassy 2012-01-18 11:17
Keep on writing. :)

Angylique Young
0 # This story = AWESOMEAngylique Young 2012-01-18 18:35
This is probably one of my favorite short stories!!!!!!!! !!

Roxy
-1 # RE: Thicker Than WaterRoxy 2012-02-12 13:39
I would have never guessedthem to be twins..but I love that lj completes the stories with happy endings but its still never enough. :) please update on strange fate.

Maiya
+1 # RE: Thicker Than WaterMaiya 2012-03-04 08:16
Its cool Rashel and Keller are related they are similar but have such different but wonderful soul mates :)

Megan
0 # :O!Megan 2012-03-20 10:59
OMG! I can't wait to read Strange Fate!
*SPOILER ALERT*
Rashel and Keller are sisters! They are really alike, though their soulmates couldn't be more differnt!:)

Dana
+2 # Thank you for posting your story!Dana 2012-04-16 06:50
Somehow, I'm happy they're sisters but also...I don't think it's fair. How could Raksha's parents just abandon her? I don't think they did their best. I think they are plain brutal monsters. No, I've seen monsters who still love their children.
They loved each other and Rashel but they name their other child which has no fault at all demon! And her heartless shapeshifter father even wrotes her a note to help her remember how much they love her.
They should have known the consequences: that they wouldn't bear human children. But, no : let's have children, we can always abandon them later.

Dana
0 # RE: Thank you for posting your story!Dana 2012-04-16 06:51
It was obvious that Rashel's mother loved her a lot...
I can't see why won't Galen-or anyone for that matter-call her Raksha. It's still her first name. I mean, if she's a demon than I love demons and the rest of the world is worse than demons.
To sum it up, I will not forgive Raksha's parents for their cruelty and irresponsibilit y. Because I refuse to call her Keller. The name Raksha fits perfectly the most brave girl in the Night World.

Raine
+1 # Rashka or Keller?Raine 2012-04-22 15:49
Keller is one of the bravest in NIghtWOrld but i will always think her as Keller and she said in this shortstory and her story that she dosent like beinf called Rashka! But i still like the name!!

Zoey Dunn
0 # RE: Thank you for posting your story!Zoey Dunn 2013-02-04 13:00
I just love the name Raksha ;-)

Raine
+2 # I love this storyRaine 2012-04-22 15:44
Keller is one of my personal favorites! I wish there was one more shifter story! i love the point of view of how shifting feels like! Out of all of the different 'creatures' Shapeshifters are my favorite and i wish i could feel the strength of the inner animal just once! It's so interesting! I like how Keller's the leader and so.. well harsh with little Ilania (I think I spelled it wrong). But this story showed a more animal like Keller. And how beat up she is about Ilania being off the radar, facing the dragons. Also you see that she is still her awesome self, when she is fighting... :~)

Taylor Salmon
0 # omgTaylor Salmon 2012-05-06 16:53
****SPOILER ALERT*****
OMG is Ilianna DEAD? :o :(
so confused

May
+1 # AnswerMay 2012-06-21 11:38
No, she's in hiding, you know she has to be protected! :D

Rei Suzuki
0 # strange fateRei Suzuki 2012-06-04 13:51
this is amazing but it would be better as the whole story together please can you quickly publish Strange Fate l j smith

Chloe from England
0 # Thicker than waterChloe from England 2012-06-08 06:55
It was refreshing to see a night world story told in the 1st person, if any 2 day breakers were twins I would've guessed Keller and Rashel, I'm happy for them! :D

Rachel
0 # OMGRachel 2012-10-06 01:52
I can't believe it!! I can't wait for strange fate to come out.

Guest
0 # Ummm......Guest 2013-01-15 15:39
I'm kinda confused . . . I read the nightworld series up to witch light so what short story thing do I have to read first ?? Because I started reading those who favor fire first for a lil but I was confused and dunno what happened ??

Guest
0 # RE: Thicker Than WaterGuest 2013-01-15 15:41
I'm kinda confused .... Read the three big nightworld series books but I started those who favor fire a lil and I was confused . So should I read this first ??

Zoey Dunn
0 # WowZoey Dunn 2013-02-04 12:58
All I can say is... wow. Who would b able to see this coming.

Yuxiao Li
0 # Love Them!!!Yuxiao Li 2013-04-14 14:19
I love her short stories!

Alexa
0 # WowAlexa 2013-05-14 17:42
That was fantastic! No words can describe how amazing and happy that made me feel!! Its just so... So... So WOW!!!!

Guest
0 # AHHHHHH! :O!Guest 2014-06-30 19:52
Wait!!!! Doesn't that also mean that Rashel and Quinn tech being together for them isn't against law? Because she tech as shapeshifter blood in her. OMG such a great sneak peak. I'm dying to read more. L.J Smith's sneak peeks are the only thing keeping me alive until Strange Fate is released!!!!

Guest
0 # The Cat Twins: RJ & RKGuest 2015-04-01 18:12
Yes!!! I thought that RJ and RK's views sounded similar when I first read them! It was like by splitting them up we got to see what their lives would've been like had they been only one or the other (like they both would've been vampire hunters or both would've been raised by Circle Daybreak). Rashel and Raksha's stories were always my favorites!! Can't wait for the book to see how these two expand their relationship and to see how the series ends!