Untitled document
Official Home of the ORIGINAL VAMPIRE DIARIES BOOKS!

New Articles Wanted:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it."If you have an article, story, or fanfic (G-rated, please) you’d like to see up on this website, please send them to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.,?subject=%5B%20ARTICLE%20SUBMISSION%20%5D">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., with a subject that lets me know it Is a submission for the site (e.g. ARTICLE SUBMISSION).   I look forward to some of you aspiring writers out there having their say.  The only rule is that it must have something to do with the site or my books." — Lisa

Articles

How L. J. Smith’s Books Saved My Life

on 25 March 2011. Posted in Articles

img_filmstrip_single

By Jessica Sherman

L. J. Smith’s books saved my life.  That’s a pretty strong claim.  But it’s the truth, and I don’t think that I’m the only one out there who could say it.  I’m not just talking about saving my adolescent sanity.  I’m talking about books that actually changed my way of thinking so that I could see the world through different eyes.

DOWNLOAD THE STORY:  PDF, 69 KB

Comments

Dee P.
+6 # I Strongly AgreeDee P. 2011-10-27 12:46
I strongly agree with Miss Jessica Sherman because if it weren't for L.J. Smith's books and a few really good friends I wouldn't be here. With her books, just as Miss Jessica Sherman said, there is an identifiable character for every person.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator

Emily
+4 # RE: How L. J. Smith’s Books Saved My LifeEmily 2011-11-13 16:37
i agree with you completely. thank you for such a beautifully written article. :)
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator

Noelle
+2 # RE: How L. J. Smith’s Books Saved My LifeNoelle 2012-02-15 13:58
What Jessica Sherman says is so true. There is a character of Lisa's for everyone. The things teens and even some adults go through is just terrible. Lisa's books offer an escape for so many people.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator

Sid
+1 # I agree tooSid 2012-03-04 14:46
I also think it has changed peoples lives. My best friend was a trouble maker. I told her to read L.J smith books, and like a miracle had happend she changed. In a good way.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator

cameryn
0 # i agreecameryn 2012-03-14 06:40
It happen 2 my best friend 2 she got marride 2 a 20 year old at the age of 16
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator

Megan
+2 # RE: How L.J Smith's Books Saved my LifeMegan 2012-03-21 13:06
That was a beautiful, honest artical. Luckily, I can say that things like that haven't happened to me, at least not serious things. Sadly, I see it in school all the time, but just as Jessica said, remember that there is more to life than school. Be strong while you have to be and then enjoy life :)
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator

jess1505
+2 # R.Ejess1505 2012-03-24 11:44
Thats so true, I completely agree and the article was written beautifully...
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator

Kaylee Jo Coleman
+1 # My NewSightKaylee Jo Coleman 2012-06-25 12:29
Like this article beautifully stated before, there are characters for everyone to identify with. I used to keep my head down and just look at people for what they projected. I never looked deeper... Until I read one of L.J Smith's books. I started to look deeper and try to accept people and see them for who they are. I also started to believe in love again. I met my boyfriend before I read her books and just assumed he was another playboy type who saw women as conquests, like Ash. However, like Ash, he turned out to be full of love for me and full of protectiveness for me and his family. I gained new sight from her books.
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator

Jackie-ray
+1 # Lisa Has Helped Everyone In A WayJackie-ray 2012-07-15 01:35
When I was in the hospital, I was very bored and my grandma brought me one of L.J books. Those books the Night World series changed my life it taught me how to be a strong person and I needed it. It was already two and a half months I was in the hospital I needed some encouragement and some strength and she gave it to me through her books. So I thank her and now I own all of that series and have read each book almost three times each. Thank You L.J Smith you have saved my life
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator

Guest
+1 # I agreeGuest 2013-02-04 13:23
I agree her books ave changed the way I think ....and I'm a person that doesn't like to read .when I first read her book night world I fell in love , i couldn't put thebooks down . Her books have change the way I see reading . I love her work
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator