Keeping Your Membership to Forum (modified 2/19/2012)
- Q1: Minimum Post Count?: A: ONE POST (Check regularly, this requirement will change in the future.)
- Q2: When Do I need to make this Minimum Post?: A: During your Initial Login – You might get lucky and miss the initial purge cycle but don't count on surviving repeated cycles.
- Q3: How Do I know if I have the Minimum Required Post? A: Check your name on User List matrix – If you have "0" under the POST Column then your account will be deleted in next purge cycle.
- Q4: I've posted but it does not show up under User List? A: Post again and again until the number is updated under the User List – If it still does not work then email me with your problem to <admin[at]ljanesmith.net>
Before You Start a New Thread
Before you post to one of the specific L. J. Smith Forums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most questions are not new. The 'Search' function is most useful. Also the Stickies have answers to the most commonly asked questions. If your question is not answered by a search of the Forum, please take the next step and post in the appropriate Forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
ReCaptcha has been added to discourage spammers. This function will be active until your three(3) thread postings have been completed. Beginning with with your fourth(4) post, the ReCaptcha will be removed.
"Do Not Discuss It" or "Provocative" Thread Topics (modified 2/28/2012)
- End Game for The Vampire Diaries: The publisher yanked the rug right underneath Lisa's feet. This is an old news and Lisa does not know what the "End Game" would have been not only that she can not discuss this freely with readers even if she had one. DO NOT DISCUSS IT. PERIOD.
- Provocative Topics: We want you to have fun but that does not mean you can post anything below the sun. We have members of all ages visiting, including impressionable preteens. Thread Topics and ensuing conversations need to be engaging in a wholesome family way.
There are senior members on the Forum who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
- Move posts: To the correct Forum. Many times, members post in the wrong Forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the Forum.
- Edit posts: Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the Forum Rules.
- Delete posts: Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the Forum Rules will be deleted.
- Restrict members: This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
- Ban members: The most severe punishment. Administrator might ultimately decide to ban a member with minimum of one moderator's agreement for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the Forum Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
The Forum Rules (modified 1/3/2012)
- This is a 'Private Forum for Fans of L. J. Smith' and Trolling is not allowed. Once registered, you are required to post minimum number of post(s) in that initial login. Fail to comply and your membership will be deleted within 24 hours. Once you've logged in, please read this page titled: •• ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ!! ••
- We have zero tolerance for character assassination of L. J. Smith and her works, however slight it might be. This site would not exist if she did not bless the site's existence or support it. Break this rule and you will be banned from the entire site, and I am not joking when I say this.
- Within the confines of this Site & Forum, please keep your comments succinct & relevant to L. J. Smith's writings, about the author or current topic at hand.
- Do not discuss details of any ghost writer books. If you did not know then we will quickly remind you. L. J. is quite sensitive with this topic, it is like salt on open wounds. Multiple infractions can result in your permanent ban.
- Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated. Commercial advertising is not allowed in any form, including using it in images or signatures.
- There will be no use of profanity in any Forum.
- There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
- Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive. Picture sample attachments in posts must not include copyright infringement.
- Remember to post in the correct Forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong Forum it will be moved by a moderator. There are specific L. J. Smith Forum Sections for specific books and other Forum topics.
- If you see a post in the wrong Forum or in violation of the Forum Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message or the "Report this post to a Moderator" link at the bottom of every post. Please do not respond directly to the member - a Moderator will do what is required.
- Any impersonation of a Forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
- Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning. Keep in mind a Forum censor may temporarily automatically hold up your post, if you do not see your post, do not post again, it will be dealt with by a Moderator within a reasonable time. Authors of multiple copies of same post may be dealt with by Moderators within their discrete judgment at the time which may result in warning or infraction points, depending on severity as adjudged by the Moderators online.
- Posts should have descriptive topics. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
- Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the Forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. Don´t use eMail addresses in your nick. Reiterating, do not post your email address in posts. This is for your own protection.
- Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit or used for commercial advertising. But please keep it short, long paragraphs of your favorite book passage is not enjoyed by all.
- Failure to show that you have read the Forum rules may result in Forum rules breach infraction points or warnings awarded against you which may later total up to an automatic temporary or permanent ban.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
Thanks for taking the time to read these Forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire L. J. Smith Forum community.