Blogs from 2010
. . . but whose server won't accept my email.
I definitely want to make your life, but I'd have answered your email anyway, because you seem to understand that Damon is dealing with all sorts of pressures. Not simply because he is suddenly human (and in danger of dying because he can't eat even steak tartar), but because the great stone ball where he kept his feelings away from him is shattered. So he's dealing with suddenly degraded senses and reflexes, suddenly released sexual feelings (which my publishers won't let me say outright in the book), and a lot of unhappiness that he, being Damon and no saint, wants to spread around.
I'm really pleased that you read the books before watching the TV show. Several readers have the two mixed up, or think that I write both (I'd have to have multiple personalities).
I think it's wonderful that you write! Are you going to try to get your stories published?
I'm glad, too, that Damon has doubters, or I wouldn't be doing my job. But, as you know, it's always more fun writing about a bad boy who suddenly regrets his actions and has to come to terms with them. I think that you'll find that in Midnight, Damon is both more angry and nasty, and more repentant, than he has ever been before. And although he's a bad boy, if he were cruel to either Bonnie or Elena, and then didn't repent and try to make amends, he would just be a horrible person and not worthy of anyone's attention.
Thank you for a lovely letter. And thanks for taking a balanced view on a book that isn't even out yet! I don't even know if you have an affiliation!
- And for all the Delena shippers. . .
- Writing a Book, Secret Circle, news for Bamon fans
- Happy Halloween!
- Welcome and The Secret Circle
- LATEST: Twin Fox Ring Contest & Forbidden Game Update!!
- Forbidden Game available June 8th is not a Children's Book!
- Forbidden Game Contest!
- New Vampire Diaries Contest!!!
- Update on Bonnie's Opal Ring Contest (International Entries)
- WIN THE TWIN FOX RING! SHADOW SOULS RELEASE CONTEST!!!!! W/UPDATED ADDY!!
- If You Were One of the Prizewinners in the Name the Trilogy Constest . . .
- The New Name for the next Vampire Diaries Trilogy is . . .
- New! Bonnie's Opal Ring Contest -- Open To All
- New! Bonnie's Opal Ring Contest
- Sorry for Not Blogging Lately
- MORE News & The Silver Cord & Don't Despair, Delena
- How does a writer keep a large number of characters distinct and accurate?
- I've been answering some emails lately, and . . .
- What Do You Care What Others Think About Your Story?
- The Forbidden Game Ring Winners
- The Twin Fox Ring and Book Winners
- How to Get Your Book Published
- Did I Just Learn How to Paste?
- The Shadow Souls Twin Fox Ring Contest and Lots More
- Contest for Forbidden Game, out June 8
- A New Quote I Like
- This is just a test . . .
- Just testing Halloween blog